Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sit-n-Spin

Think of the softest, cushiest stuffed animal you've ever felt. You know, the ones they make for infants. That's what Blanche feels like. I want to bring her inside and snuggle up with her she's so soft. The engineer isn't too keen on that idea though so I've come up with Plan B. I'm going to a spin class today. (They assured me there will be no stationary bikes anywhere on the premises. )

I'm going to learn how to spin her into something wonderful. The engineer thought this was a much better idea and even agreed to buy me whatever spinning wheel I want. Okay, he didn't really say that. Well, not in so many words anyway. There was something about golf clubs mentioned. I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention. Anyway... I'm off to sit and spin. I'll update more later.

5 comments:

Brisbane builders said...

She does look soft. We took the kids to an animal farm yesterday and we all enjoyed patting the Lama's. Until I actually got spat at. Very funny!

Unknown said...

Do you know how much golf clubs cost? You can get a lot of milage out of that!

Have fun!

Nancy K. said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!!

It's the coolest feeling when you are knitting up something that you spun from the wool of one of your beloved sheep! Be patient ~ spinning isn't really as hard as you'll think it is when you first start. All it takes is a little time behind the wheel and you'll have yarn in no time! Keep the stuff you first spin! You'll think it's worthless junk but it's actually priceless stuff that you'll never be able to duplicate...

Michelle said...

Oh, that is a very wise husband indeed - I'd keep him if I were you! Have fun at the spinning class; I learned by the seat of my pants and one short demonstration by a friend, and like Nancy said, it was frustrating at first. Now it's one of the most relaxing things I could do, besides cuddling my sheep!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Oh go ahead and bring her in the house ;-). Enjoy your spinning. It's gets easier, I promise!