Monday, January 5, 2009

You Are My Sunshine

Ahhh, there's nothing better than a lazy weekend afternoon spent napping in a sunbeam.


You should try it. It's good for you. All living creatures need a little sunshine. It helps you produce vitamin D. It prevents Seasonal Effective Disorder. And it gives you that warm, cozy feeling.

But what if you don't live where the buffalo roam and the skies are not cloudy all day? Then Ethel would recommend you cozy up to a new electric radiator. Make sure you get real close. Close enough to toast your whiskers. Then stay there for an hour or two or three. Whatever it takes to get that warm, cozy feeling.



"Please don't take my sunshine away."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw...she's a pretty cat. Molly burned her nose this winter getting too close to the heater. It's healed now...I think she learned her lesson.

I was hopeing you would interview one of your chickens. That would be an interesting post.

Jayne said...

My cats fight over the table in the living room alcove. It's the warmest spot in the house. They haven't been able to sleep there since I put up the Christmas tree & moved the table. Good thing the tree's coming down Wednesday.

I second Milah--I, too, was hoping one of the chickens would be a guest blogger!